"Oh, good scholar,/I say to myself,/how can you help/but grow wise/with such teachings/as these-/the untrimmable light/of the world,/the ocean's shine,/the prayers that are made/out of grass?" - Mary Oliver




Thursday, August 5, 2010

geez louise it's late.

It's 3AM and I should waaaaaaay already be asleep.

However, this night was incredible! My best friend/life-mate Haley (yes... we do indeed have the same name) is here visiting me for the week, which is a delight in & of itself, but tonight we went to Greensboro and met up with friends for $1 tacos/$1 margarita night... which is, of course, the best night of the week, each & every time! :)

It also just so happened that some musician friends were visiting Hannah, my new roommate and dear friend, and whom are also staying in our house. So, after our bangin' meal we had a private, christmas-tree-lights-lit concertslashjam-session in our living room.

Delightful. And actually - this whole week has really been quite delightful. Except that...

At this very moment, I'm sitting next to a little pig named John Henry, who is about to pass away. It's so tragically sad - not so much that he's dying (death happens so frequently here that I've finally come to accept it as a fundamental element of the life cycle here), but he just seems to be in such pain, and there's not really anything I can do :(.

If death is coming to him tonight, I pray that it comes as swiftly and as painlessly as possible. So, please keep this sweet little Ossabow in your hearts, with a prayer that he will fade gently into the evening sky and be released from the struggles of his young, fragile life.

No comments:

Post a Comment