"Oh, good scholar,/I say to myself,/how can you help/but grow wise/with such teachings/as these-/the untrimmable light/of the world,/the ocean's shine,/the prayers that are made/out of grass?" - Mary Oliver




Monday, May 24, 2010

FLORIDA!

So my big surprise was that I took an all-night train to Florida the night before last, & surprised my friends and family in Gainesville! This had me peeing my pants for a number of reasons, but primarily because a.) I really love trains and b.) every single one of my beloved high school friends happen to be in town. :)

So I'm here! Currently lying in my bed, in my bedroom, in my parent's house. It's funny when "your house" is no longer the same as your "parent's house." For me the transition was almost unnoticeable, and pretty painless. But - it's also strange to be here in some ways. I spent some time with Haley (best friend since 3 and soulmate of life), Siss, & Erin, and while it was completely lovely, I realized yet again that we've all changed SO much over the past four years since we graduated from high school. It really made me wonder - at some point will this place not really feel like "home" at all? No way to know, clearly, but interesting to ponder. For now, I'm pretty much just thrilled to be here, and soooo eager to take in all around me in this familiar, yet eternally-fabulous place.

p.s. - trying super hard not to let a frustrating boy situation get me down. I will not worry, I will not worry, I will not worry.... or will I? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment