"Oh, good scholar,/I say to myself,/how can you help/but grow wise/with such teachings/as these-/the untrimmable light/of the world,/the ocean's shine,/the prayers that are made/out of grass?" - Mary Oliver




Saturday, June 12, 2010

Italia

So we're leaving tomorrow morning for Italy, and I can't believe it. I'm feeling super excited for the voyage... and ready to not think about ANYTHING that could be potentially stressful while I'm gone.

That being said... let me just admit: I miss the farm already!! I really do. It's been nice to have a few free days to laze about and, for example, watch 7 episodes of "Law & Order SVU" in a row (hehe), but at the end of the day it pains me a little bit inside to be so far away from my plants. I also feel a little weird because I haven't heard from Eliza since Wednesday... This is not a long time, clearly, as it's Friday, but it feels long to me! :)

I'm really going to challenge myself to be present for the next 2 weeks. So that means no blogging til I get back! Sending all my love, & wish me luck in Italia.

p.s. - on the feeling lost front, I'm feeling much more settled within myself. In fact, I've actually been feeling more at ease then I have in awhile over these past few days. Which is nice. YAHOOOO! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment